Welcome to Jackson County! Jackson County is a wonderful place to live and visit. We have some of the best hunting and fishing in the state, which has included some very high profile people visiting our county to duck hunt. Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter and actor and former Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger to name a few. Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Beebe was born here along with baseball Hall of Fame member George Kell, Actress Mary Steenburgen, Basketball great Jim “Bad News” Barnes and former U.S. Senator Kaneaster Hodges Jr.
We are home to part of Hwy. 67, which has been designated “The Rock-n-Roll Highway“ by the Arkansas State Legislature. Musical greats Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Sonny Burgess, Jerry Lee Lewis, Conway Twitty, and Billy Lee Riley have played in clubs along that stretch of highway.
As you can see we have a lot of history and we are very proud of our County.
We have two 18-hole golf courses and numberous parks including Jacksonport State Park and George Kell Park, which features six lighted ball fields, a swimming pool and tennis courts for the public.
We have one of the best two-year colleges in the state at ASU- Newport. The enrollment has steadily increased sinced its opening, it has expanded numerous times and we look forward to more growth in the future.
Jackson County has two great school districts located in Newport and Tuckerman, both of which have expanded.
Jackson County is moving forward and we invite everyone to share the experience with us. Again on behalf of Jackson County, we want to welcome you and leave here encouraged, your hearts warm and a desire to return again. Thank you!
Events held in our county
- Portfest – June
- Depot Days – September
2020 Holiday Schedule
Court house will be closed on the following days
- New Year’s Day, Wednesday January 1st
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday, Monday January 20th
- President’s Day, Friday February 17th
- Good Friday, Friday April 10th
- Memorial Day, Monday May 25th
- Independence Day, Friday July 3rd
- Labor Day, Monday September 7th
- Veteran’s Day, Wednesday November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 26th
- Thanksgiving, Friday November 27th
- Christmas Eve, Thursday December 24th
- Christmas Day, Friday December 25th
- Assessment Due: 5/31/2020
- Taxes Due: 10/15/2020
Pay Taxes Online
You can quickly pay your taxes online from the comfort of your home